Our student leadership team reflects the school’s core values of Welcome, Hard Work and Service. Therefore, developing student leadership is of great importance, as when given the opportunity students can have a profound impact on our school.
Involvement in leadership activities can improve students’ learning as well as helping them to develop the skills and traits needed for success outside of the classroom.
Our student leadership provision aims to increase the opportunity for Student Leadership across the school and to enhance the input students have with rewards, whole school events and student well-being.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of inspiring, challenging initiatives which impact positively on learning, teaching and well-being for both students and staff.
- To promote the achievement of all students regardless of ability, and to increase motivation, resilience and confidence.
- Ensure that all students have excellent communication skills to allow them to access all areas of school life.
- To make sure every child feels safe and welcome in school.
- To support students to feel ready and prepared for secondary school.
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff towards our shared vision.
- To liaise with each other and increase the role of Student Leadership across school.
- To provide valuable feedback on ‘school life’ including teaching and learning, wellbeing provision, homework and rewards.
- To support the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team in their role around school and any school events.
Student Leadership Teams at St Mary's Catholic High School
Head Girl - Dakota
Head Boy - Brandon
Ana & Zefitret (Academic)
Rosheda & Alvin (Patoral)
Head Girl - Breea
Head Boy - Darwin
Hitarth & Kieran (Academic)
Hanna & Tyler (Pastoral)
Head Girl - Sonia
Head Boy - Errikos
Dragisa & Tyron
Head Girl - Rebecca
Head Boy - Brajan
Kiyanna & Nathan
Head Girl - Jordanne
Head Boy - Reuben
Roshidat & Prakaash (Academic)
Bilquees & Kenaz (Pastoral)