Home School Agreement
The school recognises that parents are the first teachers and it is by working together and setting a good example we shall enable children to gain maximum benefit from education at St Mary’s Catholic High School.
The Parents/Guardians will:
- see that my child goes to school regularly, on time and properly equipped and advise the school if my child is absent
- make the school aware of any concerns or problems including medical issues that might affect my child’s work or behaviour
- support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour
- support my child in homework and other opportunities for home-learning
- attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress
- get to know about my child’s life at the school
- support the school’s Catholic ethos.
The School will:
- care for your child’s safety and happiness
- ensure that your child achieves their full potential as a valued member of the school community
- Provide a balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child
- achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility
- keep you informed about general school matters and about your child’s progress in particular
- be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the life of the school
- offer a genuine experience of worship and prayer.
The Pupil will:
- attend school regularly and on time
- bring all the equipment I need every day
- wear the school uniform and be tidy in appearance
- do all my classwork and homework as well as I can, completing my homework diary
- be polite and helpful to others following the commandment ‘Love my neighbour’ and do nothing to hinder the progress of others.
- keep the school free from litter and graffiti
- follow the school conduct code.
To download a copy of the Home School Agreement click here: